James R. Tramontana
Author, Musician, Audio Wizard
James R. Tramontana is a writer, a rocker, a nerd and a nice guy. His notable victories include winning a ghost chili eating contest, a fight with an entire toga party and a mime competition. He is the creator of Ace Tucker Space Trucker, the number one science fiction audio drama podcast made by one lone person. In addition to writing, editing, scoring, and sound designing the show, all characters are performed by Tramontana. The novelization of Ace Tucker Space Trucker season one achieved number one status in Amazon’s Science Fiction/Time Travel category, beating the granddaddy of sci-fi, H.G. Wells upon its release. His past and present bands include Spitvalves, Alias Clark, Red Hot Rebellion, Craterface, and Prime Floridian. He lives in Centerville, Ohio with his wife and dogs.
Here's how you pronounce my last name:
It's like riding a TRAM in MONTANA. You smack those two words together and your get, "Tramontana." But my family rushes our pronunciation and sometimes the "o" sound more like an "eh" sound. Like, "Tram-EN-tana."
Just remember it's like riding a TRAM in MONTANA and you gotta smush that "M" between the two. Make sense?
Here are a few things I'm known for:
- Creator of Ace Tucker Space Trucker, award-wining novel and audio fiction podcast.
- Bassist/Lead Vocalist for Red Hot Rebellion
- Host of Idiots With Instruments
- 50% of the time-traveling electro-rock duo, Prime Floridian
- Bassist for Spitvalves
- Guitar/Vocals for Alias Clark (yes, the band with YouTube hero, Adam the Woo)
- Writer of comic books (The Mission, Vikings vs. Unicorns, Martians vs. Unicorns, The Way)
- My multi-genre solo music project, CRATERFACE
- ME ON AMAZON.COM
Some Notable Achievements:
- I have licensed dozens of songs for use in film, TV, video games
- At age four, I wrote my first song called, "Cheddar Cheese"
- I have won
- A ghost chili eating contest
- A fight with an entire toga party
- A mime competition
- I once was almost stabbed by a friend for treating Monopoly like a role playing game
- I hold a Master of Arts in Mass Media Communication from the University of Central Florida (and I'm still not sure how I pulled it off...)
- I have five entire drawers full of socks
I have a publishing company called Solid Arts and Science.
I publish music and words. Here's a playlist of the songs from my publishing company.